Arabic International & Multilingual Software Desktop Publishing Machine Translation Document Management NLP OCR ASR TTS MultimediA
OCR - Frequently Asked Questions
Available in two new versions
OCR Gold Edition - OCR Platinum Edition
1. Is there a shortcut to delete the last frame created?
The user can delete the last frame created simply by clicking the right button of the mouse where a warning dialog will pop up ensuring the user for frame deletion.
2. How many image formats OCR version 2.0 can support?
The supported image formats are:
*.TIF, *.PCX, *.BMP, *.MAG, *.TGA, *.GIF, *.DCX, *.JPG.
3. To what applications can the user export an (*.ART) file?
An (*.ART) file can be exported to either Al Ustaz with Ustaz format (*.SWW) or MS-Word with (*.RTF) format.
4. What does file subformat means in "Save image as" dialog?
This version can save an image (*.Tiff) format with a subformat and this feature is supported with the (*.TIF) format only. The available subformats for a (*.Tiff) images are:
|14. The minimum hard disk space required for installing OCR for 16 bit is 10 MB
while that required for 32 bit is 20 MB. What is that big difference for?
Actually the real free hard disk space required to install OCR 16 bit is about 9 MB and that required for 32 bit is about 10 MB, but OCR creates temporary files on the hard disk during processing and deletes them right after that. So the actual free disk space required to run OCR is greater than that required to just install it.
15. What are the supported features regarding scanning multiple images process?
The process of scanning multiple images is supported by the following features:
Ability to choose the image files format of the images to be scanned (*.TIFF) (*.PCX) (*.BMP) (*.WPG) (*.DCX) and choosing the images file subformat in case of TIFF
format. Sequential images scanning: scans the images sequentially (i.e. face only) as in TWAIN protocol and in this case the images will be saved sequentially (i.e. image01, image02, image03, ...). Duplex images scanning: scans the paper both sides as in Kofax protocol and the scanned images will be saved as image01a,
image01b, image02a, image02b,...
16. How can a user having a scanner using Twain protocol scan double sided papers through OCR?
A user can scan double sided papers through OCR given a scanner that supports Twain protocol by the following method:
1. File menu, Scan multiple menu item, Scan and save dialog will pop up, choose "Odd" combo box from the sequence conventions, then scan one face for all papers. The resulting scanned images will be saved as image01, image03, image05,
2. Reverse the papers so as to scan the other face, and this time choose "Even" combo box from sequence conventions from the above mentioned dialog, then scan again.The resulting scanned images will be saved as image02, image 04, image 06,...
17. The "Fix Image" check box is pale in Scan & Save dialog (File menu, Scan multiple menu item) and is active when the Load and recognize check box is selected in the same dialog?
The "Fix image" feature is used while recognition only and not while scanning the image because fixing the image means adjusting the skewed lines and converting the black backgrounds into white ones and all these matters are requested during
the recognition process.
18. In the Scan & Save dialog (File menu, Scan multiple menu item), sequence conventions, one of the two combo boxes "Sequential" and "Duplex" will be pale. Why?
Because these two combo boxes "Sequential" and "Duplex" depends on the currently installed scanner type. If the scanner supports TWAIN Protocol, "Sequential" will be active. If the scanner supports Kofax protocol, "Duplex" will be active.
19. Is it available to print an opened image?
No, printing an opened image is not supported, but instead, printing the (*.ART) file is supported.
20. While using DDE with Access version 2.0 as a client application and OCR as a server application sometimes with very large frames this messageappears "Timeout while waiting for DDE response", how to overcome this?
We can overcome this problem from Access version 2.0 settings. Select View menu, Options menu item, then select "General" as the category.Change OLE/DDE Timeout from 30 to 300 seconds, (for example).
21. What is the meaning of "Use Morphology in recognition" (Preferences dialog)?
This check box is used to apply the Morphological rules on the recognition process.
These morphological rules are simply based on:
Some characters can never be connected to another so as to compose one correct word, such cases will result in recognition failures.
22. What is the difference between Logical layout and Visual layout in the output page setup?
The difference between the logical and the visual layout in exporting an ART file to MS Word (i.e. the RTF format) is that "Retain the logical layout" means that if the image includes columns, or if it is divided into sections, it will be exported
to Word with the same layout (i.e. same columns and same sections) as if it is written using Word from the beginning, while "Retain Visual layout" means that the (*. ART) exported to Word will be exported as frames, frame by frame as they are in the image itself.
23. What is the difference between "Restore Settings" and "Restore defaults" (options menu)?
Restore settings is used to return the settings to the last saved settings, but Restore defaults is used to return the OCR settings to the default settings.
24. What is new in OCR version 2.0 about the feature of associating the caret position in the text file with its location in the image file?
Associating the caret position in the text file (*.ART) with its location in the image file is enhanced in OCR version 2.0 in a way such that if the image file was closed and the user selected Edit menu, Show Image menu item, the related image will be opened and the operation of associating the caret position in the ART file with the image will be completed.
Available in two new
OCR Gold Edition - OCR Platinum Edition
| OCR Options | Optical_Character_Recognition | Automatic_Reader_OCR_FAQ | OCR_Gold_Edition |
| OCR_Platinum_Edition | OCR_Professional | OCR_Technologies | Universal_OCR_FAQ |
ASR | Categorization | Correction | Diacritization | DMS/ArabDox | Ibsar Reading Machine | IDRISI Search
Johaina | Keyword Extraction | KMS | MMMP | MT | NLP | OCR | Services | SET | Speech | Summarization | TTS
|| Home Page
Adobe Middle East (ME) ||
Arabic Fonts || Arabic
Language Tutors || All
|| Arabic NewsStand || Arabic Resources || American Sign Language (ASL) || Arabic Calligraphy || Children || Desktop Publishing DTP ||
|| Dictionaries || Digital Marvel Comics || Educational Programs || Islamic Software || Microsoft Arabic Software || Multilingual Keyboards & Stickers ||
|| New Products || OCR || Machine Translation || Sakhr Enterprise Solutions || Search Engines || Software Solutions || Universal Word ||
|| World Resources || Word Processors || The AramediA Sales Policy || Software Search || aramediaStore.com || Amazon.com ||
We Ship All Around the Globe
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 - GnhBos Incorporated dba AramediA. All rights reserved.